A New Addition to Lilayi Elephant Nursery
Nkala, an orphaned baby elephant, is the newest addition to the Lilayi Elephant Nursery. He was flown in from Kafue National Park, where he was found by rangers, by means of Royal Air Charters’ Cessna Caravan. The plane landed at the Lilayi Airstrip, where his crate was offloaded onto a Land Cruiser that transported him the 5 minutes to his new home.
During this time, the Zambian Wildlife Authority Vet, Rachael Murton [The Elephant Orphanage Project and the GRI Keepers] closely monitored Nkala’s condition.
We’re happy to report that the little elephant is doing very well and that he, along with the others, can be viewed daily from the Boma at 11.30 AM.
Share this post:
Connect with us
- July 21, 2014Walking With Elephants
- June 23, 2014Orphan elephant calves moved to Kafue Release Facility
- May 21, 2014On Target at Lilayi, Clay Shooting Competition
- May 5, 2014Update: Baby Giraffe
- April 29, 2014Behind the scenes at the Elephant Orphanage Project